Repair Your Web Connection Using the Xfinity My Account Program
Are your clients and guests having difficulty linking, staying connected, or experiencing problems with your Xfinity® WiFi hosted hotspot? Try these troubleshooting recommendations to resolve the matter. Please be aware, Comcast Business Internet clients can log into any Xfinity WiFi hotspot using their My Account email address and password.
1. Confirm your modem, router, and other network devices are plugged into a working outlet and are getting electricity.
2. Make sure that all physical connections are connected and secure.
.Coax cable to back of your modem
.Ethernet cable from the modem to the router or other network devices
.Ethernet cable from modem/ router to your PC
If your device has a standby button, confirm that the modem isn’t in standby mode.
3. If the modem is in standby mode, press the standby button.
Restart your modem
Restart your modem
Powercycle (restart) your modem and router (if applicable) to resolve most connection difficulties. To power cycle your modem, follow these steps:
Power off and unplug your modem. (Please note that if powering off your modem, don’t press the reset button)
1. For those who own a router, then power it off and unplug it from the power socket.
2. Power off and unplug any extra network devices.
3. Power off your PC.
4. Power on your modem. Wait two minutes until it’s totally restarted before continuing on to the next step.
5. For those who own a router, then power it on. Wait two minutes until it’s totally restarted before continuing on to the next step.
6. Power on any network devices.
7. Turn on your PC.
9. Try to connect to the Internet. If you are still not able to connect, please contact us.
Clients with a single (1) Comcast modem
If you’re a Comcast Business client with a single (1) Comcast leased modem, you have the choice to restart your modem directly from the Account Overview page. Pick the Restart Modem connection (below Internet Services > Get Help) and follow the instructions.