How To Fix Brother Printer Error 46? – Error 46 in Brothers Printer indicates that the ink absorber pad is complete from the printer with waste ink and requires replacing. The absorber is designed to carry enough ink during the life of the printer. But sometimes it becomes full depending on the number of times the printing head is cleaned. The machine will mechanically send the mistake 46 to stop further acute damage to your printer. Learn more about – How to mend Brother Printer Error 46?
If your printer manufacturer warranty has expired then you want a technician to remove this error from the printer. But do not worry, We’re here to assist you. We’ll allow you to understand how to fix Brother Printer Error 46? Without spending huge money on technicians or engineers.
How To Fix Brother Printer Error 46
Carefully follow each step to repair your Brother printer error 46 in your with no trouble. Firstly do check if your printer is
Belonging to any of those models which are given above. The”copy 1″ message could appear in the control panel since the title of the printer may be changed. Oftentimes, this estimate is exaggerated and there is still remaining space for more waste ink in the tank.
The printer may be brought back to work by doing a manual reset
1 . Just simply turn on the device.
2. Press the Set/0K button
3. Press the Menu button.
4. Press the Mono Start button.
5. Press the up arrow key four times. You want to press the aforementioned buttons in quick succession. If you have done this correctly the term ‘care’ should appear on the display of your system.
6. Using the Up/Down arrow keys select the number 8 and then press Set/OK.
7. Using the Up/Down arrow keys select the number 0 and then press Set/OK.
8. Either press the Mono Start button or use the Up/Down arrow to get in the Purge option.
9. When PURGE is shown on the display, use the up/down arrows and the set/ok key to input the numbers 7, 2, 8, 3 on the screen.
10. The number displayed after PURGE should read O. Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the main maintenance mode menu.
11. Using the up/down and SET/OK keys enter 9 and then 9 again to exit maintenance mode.
By following these steps you can easily fix your brother printer error 46 without calling any engineer and spending a huge amount of cash on his fees. Share with us if this information proves useful for you or not.
How To Fix Brother Printer Error 46
According to the Brother service site, Error 46 on a Brother printer is displayed when something known as the ‘ink absorber pad’ is complete and needs to be replaced (do not worry, you will not have to replace anything when attempting our fix).
This is a vital part of the printer and there is an excellent reason for having a properly functioning ink absorber pad, but it is a great deal simpler than you may think.
What is more, the error code can be triggered when the ink absorber isn’t complete, and that’s the reason why there’s an easy way to clear out the mistake and get your printer up and running again.
Fix Brother Printer Error 46 with ink absorber pad:
The ink absorber, also common in Canon printers, is merely a little sponge pad, and its objective is to collect excess or spilled ink which builds up during printing. The mat also collects any excess ink which may be spilled when a cleanup procedure is conducted (a printer frequently cleans itself after a printing cycle and this uses a huge quantity of ink).
If your ink absorber is complete, you will firstly see extra ink on your prints. The absorber can be substituted, but will have to be accomplished by a brother printer tech and will probably cost more than the printer is worth. Ouch!
The ink absorber pad is located at the bottom of the printer and without it, it is very likely your printer will eventually leak ink and stain your deck or carpeting in no time minus one.
- Epson Error Code 0xf1
- Brother Printer Cannot Detect Ink
- How to Reset the Toner Cartridges for Brother Printer
- Canon Printer Says Offline
Manual Guide to Fix Brother Printer Error 46
Firstly before we begin, check if your printer is in warranty (you may find a 1-year guarantee when you purchase your printer), if your warranty is still valid then always contact Brother service first of all who must restore your printer to you. Don’t attempt the next fix unless your printer is out of guarantee.
To clear and fix the Error 46 message, follow these basic instructions. There are 2 unique processes for those Brother printers which have a number pad such as a telephone (ones who can Fax), and if you just have buttons.
There are different methods to reset the counter on printers which have a number keypad, in comparison to those who just have arrows. Here’s the way to reset on every…
1. For printers using a number keypad:
- Type 80 on the keypad to open the choices up.
- Use the down arrow key to scroll through the choices until you see Purge followed by a number (that is the clean cycle count)
- Input 2783 and the number beside the word PURGE should set to zero
- Press stop or exit to contact the maintenance mode menu.
- Type 99 to exit and restart the printer.
Some more modern keypad printers have another procedure to enter maintenance mode (thanks to BajaRon for his hints in the comments). If the above did not work, try the following:
2. Modern printers using a number keypad:
- Hold down the house button (shaped like a home ) until you visit Serial No. / Rom Version / Print Page and a blank choice.
- Press the blank choice at the bottom of the list on the LCD screen.
- Press 0on the LCD display to enter maintenance mode.
- Input 80 on the touch screen
- Use the arrows to scroll to ‘Purge Count’
- Input 2783 and press ‘mono Start’ that will reset the purge count
- Press stop to exit maintenance mode.
3. Printers with no number buttons (printers which can not fax):
- After in maintenance mode, follow the same instructions above but rather than setting the amounts with the keypad, use the up and down arrows to scroll through the numbers. Scroll to 8, press OK (or Set), then scroll to 0 and press OK.
- Then scroll through the choices until you find the term Purge using a count next to it.
- Working with the OK button, enter the amounts 2,7,8,3. Along with the purge counter will set to 00000.