Like any hardware, even a printer has issues and bugs while interacting with another system. One of those issues is the fact that it reveals”offline” even if it’s properly connected. First, make it connected with the electric outlets and you’re network-connected.
Canon Printer Says Offline
Before getting into other workarounds, reconnect the device to your router. You are able to ‘Forget’ the router from the printer by obtaining the configurations of it. Then, reconnect it. Your printer model may differ, but the following steps to link it to a Wi-Fi system are basically the same.
- Press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button before the Wi-Fi light begins blinking.
- As soon as you’re sure it’s blinking blue continually, head over to the router, and press its [WPS] button.
- The Wi-Fi light will continue to float while trying to find the available networks. It will continue to float when the printer is linking to your access points. When the device connects to it, the Wi-Fi light on it is going to remain lit.
Restart the Print Spooler Service
The spooler service is responsible to handle print jobs sent to a computer printer. Usually, it’s visible to users, and they’re able to cancel print jobs being processed. Additionally, it lets them handle printing jobs currently on the waitlist. Consider restarting the spooler service and confirm if this fixes the problem.
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- From the Run dialog box, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- From the list of Windows services, click on any service and keep pressing P before Print Spooler is emphasized.
- Right-click on Print Spooler, and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- In the General tab, click the Stop button under the Service status, and then click OK to save the change.
- Now the support is disabled temporarily, concentrate on deleting the printer files. For this, open Windows Explorer, and browse to C:\Windows \System32\spoolPRINTERS. Permission may be asked to access the PRINTERS If prompted by the OS, click Continue.
- Once you’re in the folder, select and delete the files inside. Then, you’re good to shut the window.
- Now, return to the General tab, and initiate the spooler service. Moreover, make it a point to maintain the spooler’s Startup kind as Automatic.
- Reboot your PC and check if your printer connects correctly.
Disable “Use Printer Offline” with Preferences Program
Another workaround for the problem is taking away Windows’s capacity to operate with the device when it’s offline. Configuring this will ensure it only works when connected properly to your PC. It is possible to revert the changes if this doesn’t fix anything for you.
- Click on the Start button and open Control Panel.
- From it, choose Sound and Hardware.
- In the following window, click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer name, and choose to See what is printing.
- Click Printer in the top left, and make sure Use printer offline at the drop-down menu is unchecked. It’s unchecked in this instance. As soon as you make the changes, click Cancel all files, and try reconnecting your own printer.
Update Canon Printer Drivers
If the aforementioned solutions don’t work, then it means there’s a problem with your Canon printer drivers. First, uninstall and reinstall it manually. You may download the Canon printer drivers from the official website. Be certain to download the right one for your version from the list of printer drivers on the Canon site.
- Launch the Run dialog box as stated earlier, key in MSC inside, and press Enter.
- Navigate through the list of hardware in the Device Manager, open the Print queues sub-menu, right-click the printer hardware, and then select Update driver in the pop-up menu.
- Then, Windows will prompt you with the question, “How can you wish to look for drivers?” Choose to Browse my personal computer for driver software, and proceed.
Pick the downloaded driver with the browse option when it pops up and upgrade the driver accordingly.
Reboot your system and confirm if the problem gets fixed.
Note: If you can’t upgrade any of your Canon printer drivers manually, then you could also select Search automatically for an updated driver program. Selecting this option will make the OS look at the worldwide web automatically and pick the best printer driver on the market.
Uncheck “SNMP Status Enabled”
SNMP is used for the purpose of network management. Simple Network Management Protocol is used to collect data from printers and handle them accordingly. Check if disabling it makes any difference in your case.
- Locate your printer icon, right-click on it, and select Properties as explained previously.
- Click on its Ports
- Click on Configure Port
Clear the checkmark in SMP Status Enabled by clicking on the checkbox. Then, press the OK button to apply the change and close the window.
Now, verify whether the issue got solved. If it’s not, then don’t hesitate to get in contact with our printer support professionals through the toll-free amount cited here for advanced troubleshooting.